top of page

Creative Worker visas   

A career within the creative industries can take you all over the globe. If your work brings you to the UK, MRG Solicitors can ensure you have proper clearance to perform your duties. Learn more about the creative worker visa for temporary work.   

Supporting creatives and their entry into the UK

There are many roles that fall under the 'creatives' category, from film crew members to actors. The main difference between the creative worker visa and the artists and performers visa is that this covers any role within the industry, so long as you can prove that working in the UK is essential to your career. This means that any work you do on the creative visa must relate to your organisation. 

In order to apply, you'll first need a certificate of sponsorship from a licensed sponsor, usually your employer. Once you have this, in addition to proof of identity and supporting documents, you can apply for your visa. Applications can be submitted up to 3 months before the date you're due to start work here in the UK, and you'll usually have an answer within 3 weeks if you're outside of the UK and 8 weeks if you're currently in the country. To prevent delays and issues to your approval, simply contact MRG Solicitors and our teams in London and Manchester to assist with the entire process. 

  • What is a consent order?
    A consent order is a legal document that confirms your mutual agreement. It includes details on how the children are to be looked after. Both parents have to sign the draft consent order and get it approved by a judge. It is usually approved without a hearing and saves costs for both parties. If spouses cannot agree, further hearings will need to be held. A CAFCASS officer may spent time with the children and parents for a detail assessment and additional information may also be required. The court will then make a final decision on the arrangements, which is then recorded as an official, legally binding order. The consent order covers: Living arrangements The amount of time spent with each parent When and what types of contact can occur (such as phone calls)
  • Applying for a court order
    If you cannot reach an agreement, then a family judge will decide: Which parent will raise the child How much time the other parent can spend with the child What the financial needs of the child are and how they will be met The child’s parents of anyone with parental responsibility can apply for a court order. This includes grandparents however, they will need to obtain permission from the court first before applying for a child arrangement order.
  • What is parental responsibility?
    Parental responsibility pertains to the legal duties, rights, power, and authority that a parent or parental figure has for their child, i.e., their right to make decisions regarding their child. A mother always has parental responsibility. A father usually has parental responsibility if he’s either: Married to the child’s mother Listed on the birth certificate (after a certain date, depending on which part of the UK the child was born in) Having parental responsibility does not mean that you are legally allowed to spend time with your children after separation. It only indicates that the custodial parent needs to receive your permission before making important decisions concerning the children. These include changing schools, moving abroad and other essential matters.
  • What is a Specific Issue Order?
    A specific issue order covers how a child is brought up. This includes: The school they attend If they have a religious education or not Change of name You can also opt for a prohibited steps order to prevent the other parent or ex-spouse from making decisions in their regard.
  • What happens if there is an order breach?
    If the other party breaches the court order already in place, we can represent you in court. We may also recover your cost of enforcement of order from the party who was in breach of the order.
Woman behind video camera looking into lens

“I’m highly satisfied with the solicitor’s services. If you’re looking for a reliable and trustworthy solicitor who can help you with your immigration needs, then look no further than MRG Solicitors. Professionalism and attention of the team is unmatched. I highly recommend them for any issue about the immigration, these guys are the best in Manchester.“

- zohaib

Work with our experts to get your creative worker visa

Call 01615 299777 to learn more about the application process, eligibility requirements, and ensure this type of visa is right for you. 

bottom of page