top of page
Wedding rings in hand

Fiancé or spouse visa application help 

If your partner currently resides in the UK, you may qualify for a spouse visa. Our qualified immigration solicitors will help you join your partner by facilitating relevant legal support for your spouse or partner visa application. Work with MRG Solicitors and our teams in Manchester and London.  

Take the first step for you and your partner  

The world of visas can be confusing, especially when it comes to those surrounding relationships. If you’re preparing for a spouse visa, MRG Solicitors has legal understanding to assist you with the application. In addition to answering any ongoing questions and breaking through complex jargon, we can ensure you have the required documentation to enhance your chances of success, first time.  


In addition to upfront assistance, our immigration lawyers will help you file relevant documentation and resolve challenges experienced during the process. Simply contact our offices in Manchester or London to speak with a legal professional.  

  • What is a consent order?
    A consent order is a legal document that confirms your mutual agreement. It includes details on how the children are to be looked after. Both parents have to sign the draft consent order and get it approved by a judge. It is usually approved without a hearing and saves costs for both parties. If spouses cannot agree, further hearings will need to be held. A CAFCASS officer may spent time with the children and parents for a detail assessment and additional information may also be required. The court will then make a final decision on the arrangements, which is then recorded as an official, legally binding order. The consent order covers: Living arrangements The amount of time spent with each parent When and what types of contact can occur (such as phone calls)
  • Applying for a court order
    If you cannot reach an agreement, then a family judge will decide: Which parent will raise the child How much time the other parent can spend with the child What the financial needs of the child are and how they will be met The child’s parents of anyone with parental responsibility can apply for a court order. This includes grandparents however, they will need to obtain permission from the court first before applying for a child arrangement order.
  • What is parental responsibility?
    Parental responsibility pertains to the legal duties, rights, power, and authority that a parent or parental figure has for their child, i.e., their right to make decisions regarding their child. A mother always has parental responsibility. A father usually has parental responsibility if he’s either: Married to the child’s mother Listed on the birth certificate (after a certain date, depending on which part of the UK the child was born in) Having parental responsibility does not mean that you are legally allowed to spend time with your children after separation. It only indicates that the custodial parent needs to receive your permission before making important decisions concerning the children. These include changing schools, moving abroad and other essential matters.
  • What is a Specific Issue Order?
    A specific issue order covers how a child is brought up. This includes: The school they attend If they have a religious education or not Change of name You can also opt for a prohibited steps order to prevent the other parent or ex-spouse from making decisions in their regard.
  • What happens if there is an order breach?
    If the other party breaches the court order already in place, we can represent you in court. We may also recover your cost of enforcement of order from the party who was in breach of the order.
Airplane in Flight

“My experience was very professional. I worked closely with my solicitor to determine the issues in my case and how I could prepare for my interview. The service provided was extremely informative and reliable in helping me with my case. I was provided with lots of advice and knowledge which proved pivotal to the success of my case.”


Reunite with your partner for life in the UK 

Call 01615 299777 to speak with MRG Solicitors and learn more about the type of visa you can apply for. 

bottom of page