top of page
Shot of a young businesswoman suffering from backache while working at night

Accidents at work compensation  

Whatever your industry, if you’ve been victim of negligence at work and suffered an injury or illness as a consequence, contact MRG Solicitors to find out if you should receive financial compensation. Working with clients across the UK, including London and Manchester.

We only get paid if you do!

Noone expects to go to work and suffer an injury however, if you’ve had an accident or developed an illness that was caused by the negligence of your employer, it is time to speak up! The UK has issued strict Health, Safety and Welfare regulations that workplaces need to follow. These rules deal with everything from slip and fall accidents to equipment failure. If you have a suspicion that your workplace wasn’t following these correctly, MRG Solicitors can assess your claim and progress your case.  


Employees can file claims for accidents at work if they are harmed by their employers’ or a co-worker’s negligence. For example, if someone did not adhere to the safety rules in your office, they could be blamed for any accident caused thereafter. Book an appointment with our experienced personal injury lawyers with the assurance that your legal costs will get covered until you win the case. That means no financial risk or upfront charges until justice is served. 

  • What is a consent order?
    A consent order is a legal document that confirms your mutual agreement. It includes details on how the children are to be looked after. Both parents have to sign the draft consent order and get it approved by a judge. It is usually approved without a hearing and saves costs for both parties. If spouses cannot agree, further hearings will need to be held. A CAFCASS officer may spent time with the children and parents for a detail assessment and additional information may also be required. The court will then make a final decision on the arrangements, which is then recorded as an official, legally binding order. The consent order covers: Living arrangements The amount of time spent with each parent When and what types of contact can occur (such as phone calls)
  • Applying for a court order
    If you cannot reach an agreement, then a family judge will decide: Which parent will raise the child How much time the other parent can spend with the child What the financial needs of the child are and how they will be met The child’s parents of anyone with parental responsibility can apply for a court order. This includes grandparents however, they will need to obtain permission from the court first before applying for a child arrangement order.
  • What is parental responsibility?
    Parental responsibility pertains to the legal duties, rights, power, and authority that a parent or parental figure has for their child, i.e., their right to make decisions regarding their child. A mother always has parental responsibility. A father usually has parental responsibility if he’s either: Married to the child’s mother Listed on the birth certificate (after a certain date, depending on which part of the UK the child was born in) Having parental responsibility does not mean that you are legally allowed to spend time with your children after separation. It only indicates that the custodial parent needs to receive your permission before making important decisions concerning the children. These include changing schools, moving abroad and other essential matters.
  • What is a Specific Issue Order?
    A specific issue order covers how a child is brought up. This includes: The school they attend If they have a religious education or not Change of name You can also opt for a prohibited steps order to prevent the other parent or ex-spouse from making decisions in their regard.
  • What happens if there is an order breach?
    If the other party breaches the court order already in place, we can represent you in court. We may also recover your cost of enforcement of order from the party who was in breach of the order.

“Couldn’t have asked for a better experience! MRG gave me reassurance and guided me every step of the way of my citizenship application and couldn’t be more grateful!”

- qasim

For pragmatic advice and legal representation for claims against your employer, consult MRG Solicitors

Call 01615 299777 to book an initial, 1-1 consultation with our teams in Manchester and London.  

bottom of page