top of page
London City Skyline at River Thames

Get ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain) status in the UK  

Do you wish to work, study, or live in the UK without the restriction of immigration? Securing an Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) status will grant you the right to do so. Work with MRG Solicitors to learn how to obtain yours.  

Helping you obtain your ILR status  

The ILR is also known as a settlement in the UK. It allows you to live life in the UK, whether that entails working or studying, and even apply for public funds, if you qualify. Indefinite Leave to Remain status allows you to live here permanently without any immigration restrictions. By obtaining this status, you’ll also qualify and work towards British citizenship after the application has been approved.  


Due to the Home Office application fees required when applying for the Indefinite Leave to Remain, consulting an experienced legal team is the best way to ensure your application isn’t declined and your money wasted. We’ll first assess your eligibility and help you prepare any relevant documentation. Should you not qualify for whatever reason, we can also suggest alternative pathways to help you extend your stay in the UK and, eventually, qualify for British citizenship. Work with MRG Solicitors to get the ball rolling.  

  • What is a consent order?
    A consent order is a legal document that confirms your mutual agreement. It includes details on how the children are to be looked after. Both parents have to sign the draft consent order and get it approved by a judge. It is usually approved without a hearing and saves costs for both parties. If spouses cannot agree, further hearings will need to be held. A CAFCASS officer may spent time with the children and parents for a detail assessment and additional information may also be required. The court will then make a final decision on the arrangements, which is then recorded as an official, legally binding order. The consent order covers: Living arrangements The amount of time spent with each parent When and what types of contact can occur (such as phone calls)
  • Applying for a court order
    If you cannot reach an agreement, then a family judge will decide: Which parent will raise the child How much time the other parent can spend with the child What the financial needs of the child are and how they will be met The child’s parents of anyone with parental responsibility can apply for a court order. This includes grandparents however, they will need to obtain permission from the court first before applying for a child arrangement order.
  • What is parental responsibility?
    Parental responsibility pertains to the legal duties, rights, power, and authority that a parent or parental figure has for their child, i.e., their right to make decisions regarding their child. A mother always has parental responsibility. A father usually has parental responsibility if he’s either: Married to the child’s mother Listed on the birth certificate (after a certain date, depending on which part of the UK the child was born in) Having parental responsibility does not mean that you are legally allowed to spend time with your children after separation. It only indicates that the custodial parent needs to receive your permission before making important decisions concerning the children. These include changing schools, moving abroad and other essential matters.
  • What is a Specific Issue Order?
    A specific issue order covers how a child is brought up. This includes: The school they attend If they have a religious education or not Change of name You can also opt for a prohibited steps order to prevent the other parent or ex-spouse from making decisions in their regard.
  • What happens if there is an order breach?
    If the other party breaches the court order already in place, we can represent you in court. We may also recover your cost of enforcement of order from the party who was in breach of the order.

“We had an outstanding experience with MRG Solicitors while seeking assistance for my husband's further leave to remain application. From start to finish, they demonstrated a high level of professionalism and expertise that made the entire process smooth and stress-free. One of the standout qualities of MRG Solicitors was their excellent responsiveness and approachability. They were always available to address our questions and concerns promptly, which gave us a great deal of confidence throughout the application process. Overall, MRG Solicitors provided us with an exceptional experience, and we cannot thank them enough for their outstanding service and professionalism. They have our highest recommendation.” 


Start the process and work to secure your Indefinite Leave to Remain status

Call MRG Solicitors on 01615 299777 and reach our head office. Experienced legal teams helping applicants across Manchester and London.   

bottom of page