top of page
Close-Up Of Taxi In London

Taxi licence appeals led by the experts  

Did the local authorities take away your licence? Consult with some of the top lawyers in the UK for legal services concerning taxi licencing appeals - MRG Solicitors. Serving clients across London and Manchester for many years, and counting.  

Helping you get back on the road  

Are you looking to dispute a taxi licence suspension, revocation or application refusal? Our London and Manchester based law firm provides legal services to both Hackney carriage (black cab) and private hire taxi drivers to ensure you’re not out of work for longer than you need to be. 


In most cases, the local authorities have set, specific standards that give an overview of what professional and trained taxi drivers should and shouldn’t do to ensure they keep their licences. Any individual who does not meet these requirements might receive a warning, or the local government can revoke their licence. Holding extensive knowledge of these issues, we can determine the problem and help you overcome it to prevent this right being taken away from you. We advocate for your rights and ensure that you are judged fairly and without any bias. 

  • What is a consent order?
    A consent order is a legal document that confirms your mutual agreement. It includes details on how the children are to be looked after. Both parents have to sign the draft consent order and get it approved by a judge. It is usually approved without a hearing and saves costs for both parties. If spouses cannot agree, further hearings will need to be held. A CAFCASS officer may spent time with the children and parents for a detail assessment and additional information may also be required. The court will then make a final decision on the arrangements, which is then recorded as an official, legally binding order. The consent order covers: Living arrangements The amount of time spent with each parent When and what types of contact can occur (such as phone calls)
  • Applying for a court order
    If you cannot reach an agreement, then a family judge will decide: Which parent will raise the child How much time the other parent can spend with the child What the financial needs of the child are and how they will be met The child’s parents of anyone with parental responsibility can apply for a court order. This includes grandparents however, they will need to obtain permission from the court first before applying for a child arrangement order.
  • What is parental responsibility?
    Parental responsibility pertains to the legal duties, rights, power, and authority that a parent or parental figure has for their child, i.e., their right to make decisions regarding their child. A mother always has parental responsibility. A father usually has parental responsibility if he’s either: Married to the child’s mother Listed on the birth certificate (after a certain date, depending on which part of the UK the child was born in) Having parental responsibility does not mean that you are legally allowed to spend time with your children after separation. It only indicates that the custodial parent needs to receive your permission before making important decisions concerning the children. These include changing schools, moving abroad and other essential matters.
  • What is a Specific Issue Order?
    A specific issue order covers how a child is brought up. This includes: The school they attend If they have a religious education or not Change of name You can also opt for a prohibited steps order to prevent the other parent or ex-spouse from making decisions in their regard.
  • What happens if there is an order breach?
    If the other party breaches the court order already in place, we can represent you in court. We may also recover your cost of enforcement of order from the party who was in breach of the order.
taxi cab dash board

“Wasim has been my lawyer for over 4 years now and he has always come through. Every referral to him said the same thing. He knows his stuffs. Very direct and truthful in the whole process.”


Prevent downtime following a taxi licence dispute 

Call 01615 299777 to consult MRG Solicitors and discuss the best option for you. 

bottom of page