top of page
Man pointing at laptop for his colleague

Support with an appeal against an immigration decision 

Should the Home Office refuse your visa or Indefinite Leave to Remain application, MRG Solicitors can help you understand the issues and represent you at the First-tier Tribunal Immigration, Upper Tribunal, and court of appeal. Find out more from our teams in Manchester and London.   

The right support for your appeal

If your visa or Indefinite Leave to Remain application has been rejected, all is not lost. With the support of an experienced legal firm like MRG Solicitors, you can challenge the Home Office, either by logging an appeal to the Immigration Tribunal or via Administrative Review. Given the nature of these cases, the immigration appeal process can be challenging. We understand the emotions you may be going through following the refusal and make it our mission to ensure the appeals process as straightforward as it can be.  


Having worked with clients across London and Manchester for many years, we have helped countless individuals in the same predicament, and have an impressive success rate to show for it. In addition to ensuring your paperwork is in order ahead of the appeal application, we’ll represent you in the hearing to increase your chances of success. The sooner you get the process started, the faster you may be to reaching the appeal decision. Whatever we can do to help you win your case, we’ll do it.  

  • What is a consent order?
    A consent order is a legal document that confirms your mutual agreement. It includes details on how the children are to be looked after. Both parents have to sign the draft consent order and get it approved by a judge. It is usually approved without a hearing and saves costs for both parties. If spouses cannot agree, further hearings will need to be held. A CAFCASS officer may spent time with the children and parents for a detail assessment and additional information may also be required. The court will then make a final decision on the arrangements, which is then recorded as an official, legally binding order. The consent order covers: Living arrangements The amount of time spent with each parent When and what types of contact can occur (such as phone calls)
  • Applying for a court order
    If you cannot reach an agreement, then a family judge will decide: Which parent will raise the child How much time the other parent can spend with the child What the financial needs of the child are and how they will be met The child’s parents of anyone with parental responsibility can apply for a court order. This includes grandparents however, they will need to obtain permission from the court first before applying for a child arrangement order.
  • What is parental responsibility?
    Parental responsibility pertains to the legal duties, rights, power, and authority that a parent or parental figure has for their child, i.e., their right to make decisions regarding their child. A mother always has parental responsibility. A father usually has parental responsibility if he’s either: Married to the child’s mother Listed on the birth certificate (after a certain date, depending on which part of the UK the child was born in) Having parental responsibility does not mean that you are legally allowed to spend time with your children after separation. It only indicates that the custodial parent needs to receive your permission before making important decisions concerning the children. These include changing schools, moving abroad and other essential matters.
  • What is a Specific Issue Order?
    A specific issue order covers how a child is brought up. This includes: The school they attend If they have a religious education or not Change of name You can also opt for a prohibited steps order to prevent the other parent or ex-spouse from making decisions in their regard.
  • What happens if there is an order breach?
    If the other party breaches the court order already in place, we can represent you in court. We may also recover your cost of enforcement of order from the party who was in breach of the order.

"Professionally assisted my company’s sponsorship licence application. The corporate immigration team at MRG Solicitors is highly professional. I would definitely recommend their services."

- Muhammad

Begin your immigration appeal with MRG Solicitors

Call 01615 299777 to work with our teams in Manchester and London and discover the routes available to appeal against an immigration decision. 

bottom of page