top of page
Business people shaking hands, finishing up a meeting

London and Manchester’s expert Judicial Review solicitors  

If you haven’t been given the right to appeal an immigration decision, you can still dispute the decision via a Judicial Review (JR). Whatever the circumstances, MRG Solicitors has the knowledge and legal experience to help you find a different route to your visa. Simply work with our teams in London and Manchester to learn more about the process.  

Helping you in the fight to appeal  

If you want to challenge a decision made by the Home Office that was unlawful or incorrect, your case may be eligible for a Judicial Review. A typical example is when you are not allowed the right to appeal their decision. If the Secretary of State refuses your case with no right of appeal, our immigration lawyers can help. We can provide expert and professional services that establish the reasons for pursuing your case and which can dispute the decision to the Upper Tribunal or High Courts. 


A Judicial Review doesn’t challenge the decision but how it was made.  MRG Solicitors can advise you if your case can be reviewed this way and aid you in the application process. If your application is successful, the immigration decision may be overturned or declared illegal, asking immigration authorities to revisit your case and make a fresh and rational decision. 

  • What is a consent order?
    A consent order is a legal document that confirms your mutual agreement. It includes details on how the children are to be looked after. Both parents have to sign the draft consent order and get it approved by a judge. It is usually approved without a hearing and saves costs for both parties. If spouses cannot agree, further hearings will need to be held. A CAFCASS officer may spent time with the children and parents for a detail assessment and additional information may also be required. The court will then make a final decision on the arrangements, which is then recorded as an official, legally binding order. The consent order covers: Living arrangements The amount of time spent with each parent When and what types of contact can occur (such as phone calls)
  • Applying for a court order
    If you cannot reach an agreement, then a family judge will decide: Which parent will raise the child How much time the other parent can spend with the child What the financial needs of the child are and how they will be met The child’s parents of anyone with parental responsibility can apply for a court order. This includes grandparents however, they will need to obtain permission from the court first before applying for a child arrangement order.
  • What is parental responsibility?
    Parental responsibility pertains to the legal duties, rights, power, and authority that a parent or parental figure has for their child, i.e., their right to make decisions regarding their child. A mother always has parental responsibility. A father usually has parental responsibility if he’s either: Married to the child’s mother Listed on the birth certificate (after a certain date, depending on which part of the UK the child was born in) Having parental responsibility does not mean that you are legally allowed to spend time with your children after separation. It only indicates that the custodial parent needs to receive your permission before making important decisions concerning the children. These include changing schools, moving abroad and other essential matters.
  • What is a Specific Issue Order?
    A specific issue order covers how a child is brought up. This includes: The school they attend If they have a religious education or not Change of name You can also opt for a prohibited steps order to prevent the other parent or ex-spouse from making decisions in their regard.
  • What happens if there is an order breach?
    If the other party breaches the court order already in place, we can represent you in court. We may also recover your cost of enforcement of order from the party who was in breach of the order.

“I am very happy to share my happiness here that after stressful life I was granted asylum from the Home Office. Behind this success is MRG Solicitors - hard work, especially from Mr Ahmed Wasim who worked really hard and the whole team who put their efforts to win my case. To be honest, MRG solicitors changed my life. They deserve many, many stars. They do really hard work for clients and guide them every single thing about their cases. I requested to those people who are in stress and struggling with their cases please contact MRG Solicitors.”


Seek the legal advice you need for Judicial Review 

Allow MRG Solicitors to assess if a Judicial Review is worth your time, money and energy, or begin the pursuit of your case today by calling 01615 299777

bottom of page