top of page
Doctor and patient at laptop in doctors office

UK Skilled Worker visa guidance  

Whether you live in the UK or not, a Skilled Worker visa can open the doors to employment and allow you to progress in your career. Work with MRG Solicitors and our teams in London and Manchester to start the application today!  

Offering you the chance to excel in your career  

The UK Home Office allows employers to recruit international employees to expand organisational talent and human resources. The Skilled Worker visa, formerly called Tier 2 (General) work visa, opens immigration pathways for qualified, international applicants who have received specialised training to qualify for a position in their field.  


To prevent your application being rejected and the possibility of missing out on such a good opportunity, MRG Solicitors works to offer guidance and legal representation to help you secure your visa quickly and without the hassle. With offices based in London and Manchester, we make it easier for individuals to find the legal firm they need when it matters most.  

  • What is a consent order?
    A consent order is a legal document that confirms your mutual agreement. It includes details on how the children are to be looked after. Both parents have to sign the draft consent order and get it approved by a judge. It is usually approved without a hearing and saves costs for both parties. If spouses cannot agree, further hearings will need to be held. A CAFCASS officer may spent time with the children and parents for a detail assessment and additional information may also be required. The court will then make a final decision on the arrangements, which is then recorded as an official, legally binding order. The consent order covers: Living arrangements The amount of time spent with each parent When and what types of contact can occur (such as phone calls)
  • Applying for a court order
    If you cannot reach an agreement, then a family judge will decide: Which parent will raise the child How much time the other parent can spend with the child What the financial needs of the child are and how they will be met The child’s parents of anyone with parental responsibility can apply for a court order. This includes grandparents however, they will need to obtain permission from the court first before applying for a child arrangement order.
  • What is parental responsibility?
    Parental responsibility pertains to the legal duties, rights, power, and authority that a parent or parental figure has for their child, i.e., their right to make decisions regarding their child. A mother always has parental responsibility. A father usually has parental responsibility if he’s either: Married to the child’s mother Listed on the birth certificate (after a certain date, depending on which part of the UK the child was born in) Having parental responsibility does not mean that you are legally allowed to spend time with your children after separation. It only indicates that the custodial parent needs to receive your permission before making important decisions concerning the children. These include changing schools, moving abroad and other essential matters.
  • What is a Specific Issue Order?
    A specific issue order covers how a child is brought up. This includes: The school they attend If they have a religious education or not Change of name You can also opt for a prohibited steps order to prevent the other parent or ex-spouse from making decisions in their regard.
  • What happens if there is an order breach?
    If the other party breaches the court order already in place, we can represent you in court. We may also recover your cost of enforcement of order from the party who was in breach of the order.
a female construction agent shakes hands with a male contractor or architect on a housing

“Their exceptional service, expertise, and dedication to clients’ satisfaction have earned my trust and loyalty.”

- imran

For guidance with your Skilled Worker visa application, call now! 

You can reach MRG Solicitors on 01615 299777. Our teams in London and Manchester will help you begin the application as soon as possible. 

bottom of page