top of page
Business people in large modern meeting room

UK Expansion Worker visa  

Looking to expand your thriving business with a UK branch? Ensure you have the right visas in place with oversight from MRG Solicitors. With teams based in both London and Manchester, we aim to make the entire process a breeze.  

Opening the doors to overseas businesses 

Similarly to the Sole Representative of an Overseas Business visa, the UK Expansion Worker visa allows individuals with a successful business overseas - and not currently trading in the UK - to set up a branch in the country. The main difference is that this type of visa is also available for specialist employees who may wish to lead the project, not solely senior staff.  


We appreciate the hard work that goes into expanding a business, especially when it comes to establishing a foreign market and building momentum here in the UK. To ensure your focus isn’t taken away from these tasks, MRG Solicitors can ensure the legalities and paperwork are taken care of. By enabling you to apply and secure your documentation quickly, we hope to give you the space to build a branch that thrives. Contact our teams today to get started.  

  • What is a consent order?
    A consent order is a legal document that confirms your mutual agreement. It includes details on how the children are to be looked after. Both parents have to sign the draft consent order and get it approved by a judge. It is usually approved without a hearing and saves costs for both parties. If spouses cannot agree, further hearings will need to be held. A CAFCASS officer may spent time with the children and parents for a detail assessment and additional information may also be required. The court will then make a final decision on the arrangements, which is then recorded as an official, legally binding order. The consent order covers: Living arrangements The amount of time spent with each parent When and what types of contact can occur (such as phone calls)
  • Applying for a court order
    If you cannot reach an agreement, then a family judge will decide: Which parent will raise the child How much time the other parent can spend with the child What the financial needs of the child are and how they will be met The child’s parents of anyone with parental responsibility can apply for a court order. This includes grandparents however, they will need to obtain permission from the court first before applying for a child arrangement order.
  • What is parental responsibility?
    Parental responsibility pertains to the legal duties, rights, power, and authority that a parent or parental figure has for their child, i.e., their right to make decisions regarding their child. A mother always has parental responsibility. A father usually has parental responsibility if he’s either: Married to the child’s mother Listed on the birth certificate (after a certain date, depending on which part of the UK the child was born in) Having parental responsibility does not mean that you are legally allowed to spend time with your children after separation. It only indicates that the custodial parent needs to receive your permission before making important decisions concerning the children. These include changing schools, moving abroad and other essential matters.
  • What is a Specific Issue Order?
    A specific issue order covers how a child is brought up. This includes: The school they attend If they have a religious education or not Change of name You can also opt for a prohibited steps order to prevent the other parent or ex-spouse from making decisions in their regard.
  • What happens if there is an order breach?
    If the other party breaches the court order already in place, we can represent you in court. We may also recover your cost of enforcement of order from the party who was in breach of the order.
Men working in office

“I had an excellent experience with solicitor Wasim Ahmad for my visa application. The entire process went smoothly, and I didn't encounter any difficulties. Their expertise and guidance were invaluable, making the journey stress-free. I must also mention that Ali, the admin guy, was incredibly cooperative and helpful. Highly recommended!”


Apply for your visa with MRG Solicitors

Call 01615 299777 to discuss the processes with our teams in Manchester and London, dedicated to encouraging your business’s success. 

bottom of page