top of page
People check profit fund graph about cost at home ,Finance managers task,Concept business

The trusted lawyers for financial disputes  

Should financial disputes arise when you are parting ways, MRG Solicitors and our experienced family lawyers can offer legal advice and ensure the fair distribution of assets. Contact our teams in Manchester and London to discuss your situation in detail.  

Overcoming financial challenges in divorce 

Financial disputes might occur when distributing financial assets, including property and pensions, while finalising your divorce or separation. You’ll need to divide finances under your names and anything that's considered marital property, even if only one partner has ownership. These types of disputes can often be complex and tedious as both parties attempt to prove their point, which can have an impact on you mentally and emotionally.  


Our lawyers aim to limit this, standing by your side and making an effort to settle agreements at an early stage, even if we issue court proceedings. We share practical advice and often suggest out-of-court settlements to resolve conflicts whenever possible. Should the matter go to court, we’ll represent you without bias and ensure that you’re designated lawyer fights for a just and fair division of assets.  

  • What is a consent order?
    A consent order is a legal document that confirms your mutual agreement. It includes details on how the children are to be looked after. Both parents have to sign the draft consent order and get it approved by a judge. It is usually approved without a hearing and saves costs for both parties. If spouses cannot agree, further hearings will need to be held. A CAFCASS officer may spent time with the children and parents for a detail assessment and additional information may also be required. The court will then make a final decision on the arrangements, which is then recorded as an official, legally binding order. The consent order covers: Living arrangements The amount of time spent with each parent When and what types of contact can occur (such as phone calls)
  • Applying for a court order
    If you cannot reach an agreement, then a family judge will decide: Which parent will raise the child How much time the other parent can spend with the child What the financial needs of the child are and how they will be met The child’s parents of anyone with parental responsibility can apply for a court order. This includes grandparents however, they will need to obtain permission from the court first before applying for a child arrangement order.
  • What is parental responsibility?
    Parental responsibility pertains to the legal duties, rights, power, and authority that a parent or parental figure has for their child, i.e., their right to make decisions regarding their child. A mother always has parental responsibility. A father usually has parental responsibility if he’s either: Married to the child’s mother Listed on the birth certificate (after a certain date, depending on which part of the UK the child was born in) Having parental responsibility does not mean that you are legally allowed to spend time with your children after separation. It only indicates that the custodial parent needs to receive your permission before making important decisions concerning the children. These include changing schools, moving abroad and other essential matters.
  • What is a Specific Issue Order?
    A specific issue order covers how a child is brought up. This includes: The school they attend If they have a religious education or not Change of name You can also opt for a prohibited steps order to prevent the other parent or ex-spouse from making decisions in their regard.
  • What happens if there is an order breach?
    If the other party breaches the court order already in place, we can represent you in court. We may also recover your cost of enforcement of order from the party who was in breach of the order.
Scales of justice

“Friendly, well-mannered staff and explain everything in detail.”

- Farah

Discuss a financial dispute with MRG Solicitors on 01615 299777

Rest assured, our legal team value your time and personal interests from the moment you call. 

bottom of page