top of page
father's arms wrapped around daughter

Adult Dependant Relative visa application help 

Seek long-term care and support from a family member in the UK with an ADR visa. Obtain yours with MRG Solicitors by your side, ensuring you’re able to overcome any application challenges with ease. Consult one of our office in Manchester or London.  

Work to get the care you need for a family member in the UK  

The ADR or Adult Dependent Relative visa allows foreign nationals to stay with parents, siblings, children and grandchildren who live in the UK should they require long-term support or care. In order to qualify for the visa, the applicant will need a sponsor who falls under one of the following categories to prove this:  


  • They have British or Irish citizenship  

  • They live in the UK based on Indefinite Leave to Remain status or as a permanent resident  

  • They have a pre-settled or settled status if they are EEA nationals  

  • They’re living in the UK as a refugee or under the humanitarian protection law  


Our immigration lawyers will ensure you have all relevant documentation to prove your relationship with your chosen sponsor and their status in the UK.  

  • What is a consent order?
    A consent order is a legal document that confirms your mutual agreement. It includes details on how the children are to be looked after. Both parents have to sign the draft consent order and get it approved by a judge. It is usually approved without a hearing and saves costs for both parties. If spouses cannot agree, further hearings will need to be held. A CAFCASS officer may spent time with the children and parents for a detail assessment and additional information may also be required. The court will then make a final decision on the arrangements, which is then recorded as an official, legally binding order. The consent order covers: Living arrangements The amount of time spent with each parent When and what types of contact can occur (such as phone calls)
  • Applying for a court order
    If you cannot reach an agreement, then a family judge will decide: Which parent will raise the child How much time the other parent can spend with the child What the financial needs of the child are and how they will be met The child’s parents of anyone with parental responsibility can apply for a court order. This includes grandparents however, they will need to obtain permission from the court first before applying for a child arrangement order.
  • What is parental responsibility?
    Parental responsibility pertains to the legal duties, rights, power, and authority that a parent or parental figure has for their child, i.e., their right to make decisions regarding their child. A mother always has parental responsibility. A father usually has parental responsibility if he’s either: Married to the child’s mother Listed on the birth certificate (after a certain date, depending on which part of the UK the child was born in) Having parental responsibility does not mean that you are legally allowed to spend time with your children after separation. It only indicates that the custodial parent needs to receive your permission before making important decisions concerning the children. These include changing schools, moving abroad and other essential matters.
  • What is a Specific Issue Order?
    A specific issue order covers how a child is brought up. This includes: The school they attend If they have a religious education or not Change of name You can also opt for a prohibited steps order to prevent the other parent or ex-spouse from making decisions in their regard.
  • What happens if there is an order breach?
    If the other party breaches the court order already in place, we can represent you in court. We may also recover your cost of enforcement of order from the party who was in breach of the order.

“I am very happy with the level and quality of service I got from MRG Solicitors. They are very professional while creating a friendly and comforting relationship with their clients. The services from MRG Solicitors were professional, efficient and well organised. They worked extremely hard for resolving all my issues while getting the best result. A big thank you to MRG Solicitors. The best firm in UK.”


Ensure you have access to the support you need

Work with MRG Solicitors by calling 01615 299777 to discuss your situation with our legal experts. We have offices in Manchester and London for your convenience. 

bottom of page