top of page
Handing Over Paperwork

Criminal injury lawyers – no win, no fee!  

Victims of criminal injury can claim compensation from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA). MRG Solicitors can help you make a strong case to obtain this. Work with our teams in London and Manchester to learn more.  

Offering a guiding hand to criminal injury victims  

The time following an assault or injuries due to a criminal act can be traumatic. Whether the perpetrator has been caught or not, you deserve to get compensation for criminal injury as soon as possible. Victims can claim compensation from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) following the approval of their case. Our compassionate and dedicated solicitors can ensure your claim is as strong as possible, keeping you well-informed at each step of the process. 


While a CICA payment may not take away the pain and suffering you went through, it can cover expensive medical treatments that are not covered by the NHS. It can also cover rehab and ongoing care, should this be required. Work towards the maximum compensation following a reliable, straightforward process that has your needs at the forefront.  

  • What is a consent order?
    A consent order is a legal document that confirms your mutual agreement. It includes details on how the children are to be looked after. Both parents have to sign the draft consent order and get it approved by a judge. It is usually approved without a hearing and saves costs for both parties. If spouses cannot agree, further hearings will need to be held. A CAFCASS officer may spent time with the children and parents for a detail assessment and additional information may also be required. The court will then make a final decision on the arrangements, which is then recorded as an official, legally binding order. The consent order covers: Living arrangements The amount of time spent with each parent When and what types of contact can occur (such as phone calls)
  • Applying for a court order
    If you cannot reach an agreement, then a family judge will decide: Which parent will raise the child How much time the other parent can spend with the child What the financial needs of the child are and how they will be met The child’s parents of anyone with parental responsibility can apply for a court order. This includes grandparents however, they will need to obtain permission from the court first before applying for a child arrangement order.
  • What is parental responsibility?
    Parental responsibility pertains to the legal duties, rights, power, and authority that a parent or parental figure has for their child, i.e., their right to make decisions regarding their child. A mother always has parental responsibility. A father usually has parental responsibility if he’s either: Married to the child’s mother Listed on the birth certificate (after a certain date, depending on which part of the UK the child was born in) Having parental responsibility does not mean that you are legally allowed to spend time with your children after separation. It only indicates that the custodial parent needs to receive your permission before making important decisions concerning the children. These include changing schools, moving abroad and other essential matters.
  • What is a Specific Issue Order?
    A specific issue order covers how a child is brought up. This includes: The school they attend If they have a religious education or not Change of name You can also opt for a prohibited steps order to prevent the other parent or ex-spouse from making decisions in their regard.
  • What happens if there is an order breach?
    If the other party breaches the court order already in place, we can represent you in court. We may also recover your cost of enforcement of order from the party who was in breach of the order.

“Thank you for your excellent work on my behalf. 😊 You were transparent, persistent & informative and offered me genuine insight. I will definitely be using your services in the near future. Thanks again. Highly, highly recommend!!!”


Don’t suffer financially under the hands of someone else

Call 01615 299777 for the injury compensation you’re entitled to. 

bottom of page