top of page
Young beautiful woman violinist player playing her instrument on her shoulder holding bow.

Visas for artists and performers

Whether you are an aspiring or successful actor, singer, dancer, or any other performing artist, your path to the UK just got easier with MRG Solicitors. Obtain your visa with our help and join our growing number of satisfied clients across London, Manchester and beyond.  

Helping you get a valid performer or artist visa for the UK

If your dream is to perform to the nation, immigration laws shouldn’t stand in your way. Whilst Entry Clearance Officers (ECOs) are not known for their generosity, MRG Solicitors will work to help you gather the right documentation to apply – up to 3 months before you’re due to start work - and secure your visa ahead of the big event.  


ECOs works in posts in and outside of the UK, with their main job being to review each visa application and decide whether it should be rejected or accepted. Experience has shown us that applications can be refused due to the most minor of details, which is where our legal expertise comes in. We can help you iron out any issues quickly, whilst working to satisfy the requirements of the ECO with long records of previous income, proof of employment upon your return, and other documentation to encourage first-time acceptance.  

Understanding the routes to work in the UK  

As an entertainer or artist, there are one of two ways you can travel to the UK for work. You can enter either as a visitor in a specific class or under the sponsorship of a licensed employer. However, most UK visitors cannot be paid for their services. If you want to be paid for your work, there are certain exceptions we can help you with: 


Permitted paid gigs:  

You can participate in a permitted paid engagement as a professional entertainer, musician, or artist if you participate in an activity based on your profession. This rule will come into play only if you are exclusively invited by a sporting or creative organisation or an agent living in the UK.  


Permit-free festivals:  

If you attend permit-free festivals, you can perform for a small fee as a visitor. MRG Solicitors can help you find some.

Group of four young Black and Latina dance students

“My experience with MRG solicitors has been nothing short of excellent. The team exhibited a high level of professionalism and proficiency in handling my legal needs. From the initial consultation to the resolution of my case, they demonstrated a deep understanding of the law and a commitment to achieving the best possible outcome. Their transparent communication and prompt responses added to the overall positive experience. I would not hesitate to recommend MRG Solicitors to anyone seeking reliable and knowledgeable legal support.“


Ensure you have the right to share your talent in the UK

Secure your performer’s visa by calling 01615 299777 to get started! 

bottom of page